Can’t quite figure it out? We have listed the most frequently asked questions for you.
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
The Lightswing® is the suspension system that allows you to move pendant lights. The arm of the Lightswing® can slide and rotate, making it easy to hang a pendant light in a different location. This is a great solution when your connection point is not in the right place, or when you want to connect two lamps at the same point. If you want to learn more about how the Lightswing® works, take a look at our how it works page and watch the video below.
Below you will find an overview of the sliding range for each Lightswing®. Please note: the sliding range is not the same as the length of the Lightswing®.
- The Lightswing® Single 90cm can rotate 360° and slide 80cm. The Lightswing® Single 90cm has a diameter of 160cm in which the pendant light can be freely moved.
- The Lightswing® Single with a length of 110cm can rotate 360° and slide 93cm. The Lightswing® Single 110cm has a diameter of 186cm in which the pendant light can be freely moved.
- The Lightswing® Twin 90cm can rotate 360° and slide 75cm. The Lightswing® Twin 90cm has a diameter of 150cm in which the pendant light can be freely moved.
- The Lightswing® Twin 110cm can rotate 360° and slide 90cm. The Lightswing® Twin 110cm has a diameter of 180cm in which the pendant light can be freely moved.
Basically, any ceiling is suitable for the Lightswing®. However, the ceiling must be strong enough to support the weight of the pendant lamp and the Lightswing®. If necessary, reinforcement can be applied to the central box first. Check carefully whether a screw with a plug has optimal grip in the ceiling before attaching the Lightswing®.
The amount of weight that can be hung on the Lightswing® depends on the type of Lightswing® you choose:
- Lightswing® Single 90cm: one pendant lamp weighing up to 3.5 kg.
- Lightswing® Twin 90cm: two pendant lamps weighing up to 3.5 kg each (total 7 kg). A lamp should never weigh more than 3.5 kg.
- Lightswing® Single 110cm: one pendant lamp weighing up to 2.5 kg.
- Lightswing® Twin 110cm: two pendant lamps weighing up to 2.5 kg each (total 5 kg). A lamp should never weigh more than 2.5 kg.
The Lightswing® is designed for pendant lamps. When selecting a pendant lamp that can be mounted on the Lightswing®, it is important to pay attention to three things:
- Depending on the Lightswing® you choose, it is suitable for pendant lamps weighing a maximum of 2.5 or 3.5 kg.
- It is important that the pendant lamp has only one cord through which power wires run.
- Avoid pendant lamps with a built-in dimmer or transformer.